Terms and Conditions
Please read below before renting a car
- All rates are inclusive of limited & unlimited kilometres, tourism levy, airport surcharge and insurance. We offer a zero excess rate on request at an additional cost.
All rental’s are calculated on a 24 hour basis, should a client be running late please contact us prior your return time
- Rental Rates
- The Driver must be 23 years of age and be in a possession of a unendorsed drivers license for a minimum period or three years. Should there be a request on a Young Driver we do offer a top up Young Driver surcharge. Please note zero excess cover will NOT be available to Young Drivers. The vehicle is only to be driven by the authorised driver(s), in the event of an unauthorised driver taking possession of the hired vehicle, the insurance will be cancelled and the Hirer will be liable for damage to all parties in the event of an accident, theft or damage.
- In the event of the Hired Vehicle being stolen or being in an accident, the Hirer shall notify Cars at Call and report to the South African Police within twenty four hours. The Hirer shall obtain a case number from the police for presentation to the Supplier. Failure to comply with this requirement shall invalidate the Hire’s insurance cover.
- Accident or Theft
- Should the hired vehicle be required for a longer period the Hirer shall contact Cars at Call 24 prior the original termination date to request an extension of the hire period. Failure to do so will result in the insurance cover being cancelled immediately. An extension of the hire period cannot be guaranteed by Cars at Call.
- Extension of the rental period
- Should the Hirer require one or more additional drivers the relevant additional driver details shall be presented. The additional driver(s) shall also sign the hire documentation when the vehicle is hired.
- Additional Drivers
- Cars at Call are able to arrange a meet and greet service on request, should the intended Hirer request this service. The intended Hirer shall provide all arrival details and arrival times before hand to ensure a company agent will be awaiting your arrival.
- Meet and Greet Service
- We are able to arrange and assist with one way rentals, should the vehicle be collected in Cape Town and dropped off in Port Elizabeth or any other city within the borders of South Africa. We can arrange to provide a price for this service upon confirmation of the rental.
- One way rentals
- Only certain of our vehicle categories are permitted to cross into our bordering countries. Arrangement to cross borders needs to be arranged beforehand. Written consent will be issued to the Hirer upon collection of the rental vehicle. There will be a cost for this service which will depend upon the country of choice.
- Across Border Rentals
- GPS rentals can be arranged on request at a cost of R79.00 per day
- GPS Rentals
- Baby or Booster seats can be requested, rates as to be requested.
- Baby Seats
- We accept Master and Visa Credit cards. Should you prefer to settle in cash or electronic transfer that can be arranged beforehand. Your credit card will only be needed for security upon collection of the vehicle.
- Payment Options
INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING
Please note our insurance does NOT cover damage to glass, tyres, rims and water damage or any accidents that might occur on a gravel road. Please be advised should you need to travel on a gravel road please take note of the above. Under carriage damage is also not covered by any insurance.
- Driver’s license must stipulate Drivers License in English and all validity dates need to be clear and legible.
- DRIVER LICENSE
- Hirer - Authorised person who signed relevant contracts and documents regarding the rental
Driver - Authorised person driving the vehicle
Young Driver - Driver under the age of 23 years
Hired Vehicle - Vehicle the driver/hirer is making us of.